The theme of our 38th Annual Gala (“Rising Together”) recognized the changes and challenges presented by the pandemic and honored the bonds of humanity and hope that connect communities around the world. The entertainment, which included over two and a half hours of Bollywood-inspired musical performances, was curated by well-known singer and composer Parthiv Gohil and emceed by film star and singer Manasi Parekh-Gohil. It also included musical performances from Bhoomi Trivedi, Jahnvi Shrimankar, and Sudesh Bhosle who also mimicked film dialogues of superstar Amithabh Bachchan.
“This was a unique and remarkable program,” wrote a patron who attended the virtual gala. “Every artist is without a doubt exceptionally talented and their energy level is unmatched. Each of them gave more than 110% in making this event a grand success.”
Another highlight of the evening included a short film outlining our COVID-19 disaster relief efforts (as well as our ongoing Signature Programs which provide women empowerment, village upliftment, healthcare, and education for underserved people in India). The premier show on October 10 highlighted recent strides made with the support of our partner NGOs. A few key achievements in 2020 included:
- Raising more than half a million dollars in funds in 2020 (so far) for our Signature and Disaster Relief Programs — including $100,000 worth of saris.
- Conducting a successful Sari Drive, during which Share & Care collected saris totaling $100,000 in value. This project will provide the saris on loan to people who cannot afford them for special occasions, and will bring smiles to the faces of thousands of families.
- Supporting Ratna Nidhi Charitable Trust in providing khichdi meals for children and daily wage workers affected by the pandemic lockdowns in Mumbai. Share & Care provided direct funding for 72,000 khichdi meals, while RNCT has served a total of one million meals (and counting).
- Collaborating with Mijwan Welfare Society to provide food and hygiene support kits for more than 3,100 individuals in Uttar Pradesh.
- Empowering the Environmental Sanitation Institute, whose Lok Mitras lead our Village Upliftment programs, to distribute masks and grocery kits for 5,000+ families affected by COVID-19.
- Partnering with PRADAN to provide grocery kits and meal kitchens for hundreds of families in Jharkhand.
Share & Care received warm wishes from Padma Shri Asha Parekh, who praised the organization and gave thanks to its patrons, and from Congressman Frank Pallone, who recalled a trip to India and thanked Share & Care for the organization’s extensive COVID-19 disaster relief efforts.
We would also like to extend our sincere gratitude to the volunteers, patrons, performers, well-wishers, and 550+ attendees who made our first-ever virtual gala an uplifting and memorable experience.
If you were unable to attend this show but would still like to contribute toward our mission, it is never too late to give. Please consider making a gift to support our Signature and disaster relief programs today.